Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export data for displacement of certain area

Creator
Creator

Hello all, 

I'm new of NX 9.0. I want to known how I can get a output data file for the displacement of a part of modelling? 

I got displacement in the desired part of my modelling, what I want to get is the displacement of each node in this area under a load ( 1 N ) for exampme. 

Thank you very much, 

Best regards, 

Felixa 

4 REPLIES

Re: How to export data for displacement of certain area

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Felixa,

Define a node group for the nodes you would like to get the displacements for.  Use the "Identify Results" functionality in Postprocessing. Use "Nodes in Group" and select exactly the same group you defined before. Then you can output the nodal displacements to a file or to a spradsheet.

Identify.png

Creator
Creator

Hello Boris, 

Thank you so much for your answer. I followed your indications and it works. Thanks so much. 

In addition, for the same surface, I got another question, now I'm able to get the number of node, coordinate and displacement of this surface in an output file. But, can I get an output file which containe the connectivity informations? which means, the number of connected nodes in each triangle of the surface. 

Thanks so so much!

Best regards, 

felixa

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You could group elements related to the nodes in your displacement output group. You would then want to remove elements from that group that are related to any nodes not in the original displacement output group. The resulting group would contain elements that were completely defined by nodes in the displacement output group.

You could then use the Element Information command to output the connectivity of these elements.

Creator
Creator

Thanks a lot, is works. 

Have a nice day, 

felixa