cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find specific node or element

Genius
Genius

Hi,

I would like to know how to find by number ID, an specific node or element on NX CAE. For example node numer 2000 or element number 1000.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES

Re: How to find specific node or element

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Igor,

Menu -> Information .-> Advanced Simulation -> Node/Element

You maybe have to expand the dialog, then you will find a field to input node or element labels. The corresponding Node or Element will be highlighted in the mesh.

Regards

Boris

Creator
Creator
Hello Boris,
I would like to know how to select a specific area of the modelling in order to get the node and coornidate information.

I have a model meshed by 3D tetrahedral, what I want to get is the node and coordinate information of a part of that.

Thanks,

Best regards,

felixa

Creator
Creator

Hello Boris,

I have a model meshed by 3D tetrahedral, I would like to know how I can get the node information and coordinate of a specific area ( a part of model )

Thanks a lot, 

Best regards, 

Felixa 

Siemens Legend

Hi Felixa,

you can use exactly the same functionality. Instead of specifying the Node or Element ID you can just select them interactively and get all information in the listing window.

Regards

Boris

Creator
Creator

Dear Boris, 

Thank you very much for the indication, is there any automatic way to select this area? Manuelly, it will be very easy to forget some nodes in the case of selecting nombreuse nodes.

I give you a capture of my model, so what I need is the information in the area surrounded by yellow lines. For a further study, I need a very high mesh density, therefore, the number of nodes will reach until, for example, 10,000. 

In addition, I have put a pressure on a surface then I get a displacement of this area ( I'm interessed only on this area ), is there a way to get the displacement information  ( data ) for each node in this area?

Thanks a lot, 

Best regards,  

Felixa 

Creator
Creator

Sorry, I foget the attach the capture

Capture.PNG

Siemens Legend

Felixa,

I see 2 different options you could use:

1) Use the "smart Selection" when selecting the nodes in the information window. You just have to select "Related Nodes" as Selection Method, then you can select a Polygon Face and All Nodes belonging to that face will be used for getting information.

2) Define a group before using the information window (for the group selection you can of course use the same selection method as described in 1).Display the group before you start the information dialog and "select all" or use "Nodes/Elements by group" in the selection method.

selection_bar.png

If you use the 2nd approach, then you can directly use that group to output the displacements from the simulation results. Use the "Identify Results" functionality. Then use "Nodes in Group" and select exactly the same group you defined before. Then you can  output the nodal displacements to a file or to a spradsheet.

Identify.png

Regards
Boris