Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How to rectify this POST VIEW customization issue in NX Advanced simulation module?

While using POST VIEW tool, to visualize mode shape results, I am using "Edit Post View" option to customize the header lines. Since I needed first two lines of the header, I unchecked the other. Now, the first line with file name and second line with Mode shape information displays. Until this its fine.

Now the problem is when I try to view the next mode, by clicking the next mode button. But the header information does not changes to second mode. But the 3D model changes to next mode.

Is this a bug? Or Did I have to change any setting to work this option correctly.

I-deas had similar option and it was working fine there. I face this issue in NX 7.5 , NX9.0.

NX_post_view.jpg

5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karthick
‎08-02-2016 01:09 PM

Re: How to rectify this POST VIEW customization issue in NX Advanced simulation module?

Unfortunately this is working as designed. The customized header doesn't change any aspects of it as the user changes results. Each line of the header is treated as static text entries. It is an area that needs to be improved, though there is no immediate time table for it.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Simulation and Test Solutions

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com

www.siemens.com/plm

Re: How to rectify this POST VIEW customization issue in NX Advanced simulation module?

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much for responding the issue Mark .

I wonder how this issue is not noticed till NX 7.5 . I hope it will be rectified in further versions. Thanks again.

Hello Mark,

I think it is very important to get the chance to customize the header lines in a really usable way.

"Customize" in the actual manner means only "freeze" and that is really annoying!

There are really a lot of examples where a user has to modify the output lines of header in a way that automatisms for actualizations still work.

One example:

If I use CBUSH-elements or other springs the results of stresses in the header "Maximum, Minimum" also consider spring results which are no real stresses at all.

But this suggest sometimes gigantic "stress values" in the model. This mostly confuses the recipient of simulation results or report documents because they think something is wrong with the model or worse - someone is cheating.

But I can't avoid it because in header line "Minimum, Maximum" the results of complete model are listed and not only the results of selected and visualized elements.

Therefore it would be good in that case to switch off the header line "Minimum, Maximum" without freezing the rest of header.

Another example:

The only meaningful way to put further information about model into plotted pictures is header line.

Third example:

In eigenfrequency analyses sometimes the recipients of report documents are confused with the fact that “deformation” results visualizing mode shapes have values which seem to be real deformation values. To avoid this it would be good to switch off legend and header line “Minimum, maximum”. But that’s not possible without freezing the number of eigenmode or the selected result component.

I think work for changing is really necessary and urgent. May be customer only capitulate with the actual state.

Best regards,

Michael

To request this capability in a future release, please log an ER with GTAC.

Hi JimB,

all right, I will do so...

Best Regards,

Michael