Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How we can export material from local materials created in NX FEM to specified Dirrectory??

Hello Experts,

I have created a material in NX FEM and want to export same material outside NX in specified directory as MAT Card in *.xml format. How we can do it??

Best Regards,

Raje

6 REPLIES

Re: How we can export material from local materials created in NX FEM to specified Dirrectory??

Raje,

Use Manage Library Materials. Set Type to Export Material to Library, specify a .xml filename, set the Source Material List to Local Materials and select the material(s) that you want to export.

Regards,

Jim

Re: How we can export material from local materials created in NX FEM to specified Dirrectory??

Jim,

Thanks for the solution.

I am trying the same procedure in NX8.5. I have specified Stress/Strain data in material card, but once I export that card and import in another session of NX8.5 then its not able to show defined stress/strain data.

Though I tried the same with NX8 and its working fine but not in NX8.5.

Regards,

Raje

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raje
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Raje,

This sounds like it may be a bug. Does the .xml file contain the stress-strain data? If not, then it is an export error. If so, then it is an import error. Either way, please contact GTAC so that they can investigate and submit a PR if necessary.

Regards,

Jim

Hi

I have same problem with export /import of stress-strain data in my .xml file (NX8.5).

Is there any solution for this bug?

I didn't find any stress strain data in .xml file.

Regards,

Matej

[ Edited ]

There is a solution. Use the NX10 release to create a new material (in the local materials) with the desired stress-strain diagram. Then export this material to the specified NX Material Library (xml-file). You can use this library also with the NX8.5 release and the stress-strain diagram will be feasible!

Hi.

PB, thanks for advice, but unfortunately my company will switch to NX 10 next year.

I solved this problem in this way that I have Stress-Strain curve saves as F[x] Fields. So

I don’t have to type in all points manually every time.

Regards, Matej