Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there any way to mix a gas with a liquid in NX (8.5)?

Hello,

I'm currently trying to solve a problem related with the simulation of the cardiovascular system. In particular, parametric computational simulations involving different fluid (blood, in our case) and gas flow rates.

I saw that there is a 'modeling object' in NX 8.5 which enables to mimic mass transport (flow + particles).

Firstly, I tried to create a 'homogeneous gas mixture' and it worked.

Now I would like to extend my analysis to interactions between gas/liquid by means of the 'modeling object' called as 'heterogeneous gas-liquid mixture'.

Ideally I would to simulate blood (as a liquid) + oxygen dissolved (as a gas).

I tried several times to run this 'modelling object' in my CFD simulation but every time I get a 'fatal error' back.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of 'modeling object'?

Thanks in advance for your help

Daniele

1 REPLY

Re: Is there any way to mix a gas with a liquid in NX (8.5)?

Hello everybody,

Following my previous post I tried to run the modelling object for the Heterogeneous Gas-Liquid Mixture modelling object under Solution Type = Flow.

Apparently it worked, but I cannot get back any information regarding the 'element nodal' (i.e. the fraction of gas inside the liquid). Usually such result ('element nodal') can be provided by Solution Type = Advanced Flow.  For example, in the modelling object (mixture of gases) named as Homogeneous Gas Mixture modeling object is correctly displayed as an output (results field).

But, as I said in my previous post, I get a 'fatal error' every time I select Solution Type = Advanced Flow for the Heterogeneous Gas-Liquid Mixture modelling object.

I wonder if there is any chance to overcome this issue. Basically, I would like to have the same results options (as given in Homogeneous Gas Mixture modeling object) for the Heterogeneous Gas-Liquid Mixture modelling object.

I wrote a couple of Word documents in order to clarify my issues about such modelling objects.

Hope this helps,

Thanks in advance for your help.

Daniele