cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Meshed Assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sir

I Have two assembles(for example Assm A & Assm B) which have been meshed and solved separately. now i want to assemble these to in to one (Assm C)  for some more analysis. i was not able to do this.

Presently i am assembling it in the assembly module (Parts) and again meshing the each part and analyzing it which takes lot of time.

If there is any way to come out.

plz give some examples

Thank you

Karthik

8 REPLIES

Re: Joining Meshed Assembly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It sounds like you are creating a FemPart on Assembly C. Try creating an Assembly FEM on Assembly C. You can then reference the component FEM parts into the Assembly FEM.

Pioneer
Pioneer
thank you for your reply,

But i am not getting it rightly,

i have two fully meshed model. i want to combine them in to one.

can you give some examples.

Siemens Phenom

Karthik,

Jim's suggestion takes into account that you already have the two assembly components meshed. Assembly FEM will let you use your existing FEMs to define a CAE assembly. Please review the NX online help assembly FEM material.

To get you started, try the following:

1. Create a new simulation type file and select the assembly FEM item. It will be at the bottom of the Simulation Tab of the New File dialog.

2. Don't bother mapping it to a CAD part, but that is the most often used method; just OK the New Assembly FEM dialog.

3. In the Simulation Navigator, select the assembly FEM and MB3 Add Existing component

In the Add Component dialog, open your existing FEMs and select them. If your Postioning method is set to Absolute Origin, the FEMs will be placed in the assembly in the same position that they were originally model.

For more details, please review the online help.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Product Engineering Software

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com

Pioneer
Pioneer
sir
thank you for your support.
it has solved my problem.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Sir i have one more problem in this. This way i am able assemble the FEM part but the Contacts and GLUE which is there in the simulation module, how to get them. i have 70 to 80 contacts and glue in each of the model.

Siemens Phenom

Use File, Import, Simulation Entities to do this. Search the online help for "Import Simulation Entities" for a description and step-by-step workflow.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you sir

This way i am able to import the solution objects and regions in to the new assembly simulation file, but only the names of the regions are importing, corresponding object which was assigned to the regions are missing. how get those objects.

I have checked them by Right click ->Edit on the regions in the Assembly sim. there in the object selection place is showing zero object selected.

plz clarify

Thank you

karthik

Siemens Phenom

Karthik,

Take a closer look at the online help article on Import Simulation Entities. There are 2 methods for importing entities.

1. File, Import, Simulation Entities

2. From the Simulation Navigator: Select an AFEM component, MB3 Import Simulation Entities

I suspect you did 1. If you use 2, all LBCs will be re-hosted on appropriate geometry, nodes, and elements. Using the first method, the software doesn't make any attempt to discover which entities LBCs should be assigned to. The second method sets the context for the import.

Here is the online help:

Siemens Documentation <script src="/tdoc/js/common.js;jsessionid=5kl229alqbow1xfi93b1g1m16" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/data_services/resources/nx/10/nx_help/js/displayConditions.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script id="customScript" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/tdoc/tdoc_client/tdoc_client.nocache.js;jsessionid=5kl229alqbow1xfi93b1g1m16" type="text/javascript"></script> <script defer="defer">// tdoc_client.onInjectionDone('tdoc_client') // </script> <script type="text/javascript">// // TODO: put these variables in a Json Object var product="nx"; var version="10"; var deliverableId="nx_help"; var resourceUrl="/data_services/resources"; var contextPath="/tdoc"; var xAppPrefix=""; // </script>

To import simulation entities:

1. In the Simulation Navigator, ensure that the target simulation is the currently displayed part.

2. In the Simulation Navigator, select the component FEM or subassembly FEM node that references the source simulation.

Use Ctrl+click to select multiple instances of a component FEM or subassembly FEM.

If your simulation contains only a single FEM, select that FEM.

3. Right-click the selected node and choose Import Simulation Entities

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Product Engineering Software

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com