cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation in ACCEL1

Legend
Legend

Hello experts,

I try to define a acceleration distribution depending on z-coordinate of nodes.

My model consists of 500'000 nodes and all of them are affected.

I get an error message

ILLEGAL INPUT TO SUBROUTINE ACCEL1

because I have too many nodes in my acceleration definition.

There is a limitation of an amount of 10'000. But I do not know what it means?

1. Number of nodes in one ACCEL1-bulk data entry,

2. Number of ACCEL1-bulk data entries with the same "Load set identification number" SID

(see Online-Documentaion for ACCEL1)

or

3. Total number of all ACCEL1-bulk data entries in one LoadCase???

How do I have to split my definition to get my model in a calculatable way?

Can some one help me?

Best wishes, Michael

2 REPLIES

Re: Limitation in ACCEL1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@MiDi1791,

The limitation is on the total number of ACCEL, ACCEL1 and GRAV cards sharing the same SID.

Re: Limitation in ACCEL1

Legend
Legend

JimB,

thank you for your answer.

That means I have to split my existing acceleration load defined for all nodes into smaller potions in a way that every single new load definition which is using a unique SID will be splitted by NX into maximum 10'000 bulk data entries. This is difficult to control.

To be in a safe way I can therefore only put 10'000 nodes into one load definition if every node gets its own acceleration value depending on its vertical position. - May be it could be better if nodes share the same vertical position, but who can guarantee.

That is really sad, because now I have to define 50 single load definitions with the same vertical distribution for acceleration.

Fortunately I found a better way:

In my special case I also can distribute my vertical acceleration by using the ACCEL bulk data entry.

This entry is also able to scale acceleration values in ONE direction of a individual coordinate system by using a scaling table. And that’s all I want to do. In that way I do not have to define groups of nodes because ACCEL affects always the whole model. No limitations in numbers occur.

And be defining the spatial table in a clever way there are a lot of opportunities.

I hope this will helps other users, too.

Best wishes, Michael