Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulate center of rotation in Post View

Legend
Legend

Hello Experts,

here is a simple question for NX 8.5.2:

Is it possible in Postprocessor mode to snap to nodes to set the center (centre) of rotation during dynamical view rotation via middle-mouse-button-pressed?

In Preprocessor mode after pressing middle-mosuse-button a little bit longer without movement a small selector or handle or marker (two orange concentric circles) appears and I can set the rotation center to a specific object i.g. point, node, endpoint of curve, ...

In Postprocessor, the small selector also appears in the same way but I do not understand controlling it. - Is there a way to influence the position of that selector or handle or marker, i.g. set it onto an existing node in deformed or undeformed position?

I couldn't find something in help documents, but may be I searched at the wrong position.

Where could I find such information in help documents?

Any explantion will help.

Best wishes,

Michael

3 REPLIES

Re: Manipulate center of rotation in Post View

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you use Layer Visible in View to turn on layers containing the pre-processing entities, then the rotation center will snap to those entities.

Legend
Legend

Hell JimB,

thank you for your answer, but I do not understand the concept of layers here in NX CAE.

Do I have to put my PART-components in different layers?

Where do I have to control layer related activities?

Short example:

I have a SIM for an AFM, containg the same FEM twice.

The FEM constists two parts a very small one and a very large one, defined in a PART and provided via fem_i.PRT.

I want to set th rotation center onto the two small parts, wich are connected in a neat manner via contact.

In which UNIT (PRT, i_PRT, FEM, AFM or SIM) do I have to set layer membership?

How can I control the visibility of my layers to get the right "SNAP"?

Is it discussed in the NX Documentation?

Please, explain it for me.

Best wisches,

Michael

Legend
Legend

Hello Experts,

I've found the solution in NX10:

If you press "Ctrl + F2" you are able to select one grid point as rotation center.

To set the rotation center back to default press "Ctrl + F3".

That's it. I'm not able to check if it's new in NX10 because I had to deal with the problem in NX 8.5.2.

But now NX 8.5.2 is gone ;-) (*Good bye and good luck*)

Best wishes, Michael