Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Material Data Base for Simens NX

Hello all,

I'm loking for a Materia Data Base I can import to Siemens NX.

Is MatWeb compatible with NX?

Many thanks

Franz

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Material Data Base for Simens NX

Hello Franz,

NX administrates its own material data base which is very fullfilled with a lot of materials.

Michael

Betreff: Material Data Base for Simens NX

Franz,

NX reads and stores its (OOTB and user defined) material libraries in MatML format. MatML is based upon XML. It also is able to read in materials based upon its supported solver formats such as Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys, etc. Once a material is in an NX file (PRT, FEM, SIM), it can be written to any NX material library.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Simulation and Test Solutions

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com

www.siemens.com/plm

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author pichl
‎06-02-2016 03:24 PM

Re: Material Data Base for Simens NX

Hi Frantz,

The ANSYS material format is also MatML-based, so it can be used with NX...  I mention this because matweb offers direct expot of material data to ANSYS, which would be compatible with NX.

Thanks for your assistance!

Speaking of compatibility between NX and Ansys with respect to material database, does anyone know how you get NX to properly read material files exported from Ansys?

Even though both programs use MatML format, they write the "PropertyData" and "ParameterData" differently, thus NX can't properly map the different material properties when using an .xml file of exported materials from Ansys.

I have tried editing the "Metadata", but it doesn't seem to work, unless I also edit the material's "BulkDetails", which kind of defeats the purpose of convenient import of dozens or hundreds of materials.

Thanks,

Johannes