Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Methodical model compare in the structure - replica

Hello Community! My name is Tobi and I work as a designer for automotive parts. Since 3 months I am using NX 10 at the beginning I had a Training afterwards I helped myself by searching in the Internet or reading articles/books. By now everything works fine I really like the program but from time to time there are some Points I dont find any solution... Task: - I have a Basic Modell. The structure and the order in the part Navigator is the Standard. - I also have modified Versions / revisions that shall contain this structure with absolutely the same Content / Details -> Features / measures. The order may differ at the Position where a modification was built in. - My aim is to check the modified part if it is absolutely identic constructed (except the additional areas) and if not to correct the differences (all fetures / measures etc.) - it would be perfect if I could also see if f.e. the number of selected faces for a Feature ist also the same !? my idea: - I know about the Option to Export a spreadsheet to Excel with the whole structure of the part Navigator - I also know about the possbility to Export all the expressions with measurements (in the form of "p1234") to a spreadsheet - I am looking for a way to get the whole Navigator table with all the appropriate Details in order of the structure so that I finally can compare the construction of my Basic part with my modified part - in the end I could adjust all differences Notes: - it is not enough just to check the model graphically I really Need to recreate the identic structure expect the modifications - the Basic part and the modified Versions are already existing and are changed continous - the extent of the parts is to big to check it manually by clicking through the structure - perhaps there is a better plan to reach my aim... Thank you in advance! Best regards from Germany. Tobi
3 REPLIES

Re: Methodical model compare in the structure - replica

Hello Community! My name is Tobi and I work as a designer for automotive parts. Since 3 months I am using NX 10 at the beginning I had a Training afterwards I helped myself by searching in the Internet or reading articles/books. By now everything works fine I really like the program but from time to time there are some Points I dont find any solution... Task: - I have a Basic Modell. The structure and the order in the part Navigator is the Standard. - I also have modified Versions / revisions that shall contain this structure with absolutely the same Content / Details -> Features / measures. The order may differ at the Position where a modification was built in. - My aim is to check the modified part if it is absolutely identic constructed (except the additional areas) and if not to correct the differences (all fetures / measures etc.) - it would be perfect if I could also see if f.e. the number of selected faces for a Feature ist also the same !? my idea: - I know about the Option to Export a spreadsheet to Excel with the whole structure of the part Navigator - I also know about the possbility to Export all the expressions with measurements (in the form of "p1234") to a spreadsheet - I am looking for a way to get the whole Navigator table with all the appropriate Details in order of the structure so that I finally can compare the construction of my Basic part with my modified part - in the end I could adjust all differences Notes: - it is not enough just to check the model graphically I really Need to recreate the identic structure expect the modifications - the Basic part and the modified Versions are already existing and are changed continous - the extent of the parts is to big to check it manually by clicking through the structure - perhaps there is a better plan to reach my aim... Thank you in advance! Best regards from Germany. Tobi

Re: Methodical model compare in the structure - replica

Sorry for this lousy post...

Sorry guys! Have to train how to do Posts in this Forum... Plae for mercy. Tobi