Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Missing spectrum color in shaded (lighted) Post visualization

[ Edited ]

Hello Experts,

sometimes I miss in post visualization the spectrum color below cyan.

I depends on angle between surface normal and viewing direction.

It's only happening with the default color below cyan (here: 60 - 80 MPa). Enligthing of that color for a shaded visualization is modifiing it directly into cyan. All other color transitions between spectrum colors keep their border allthough their change their colors too. Only betwenn cyan and the color below that doesn't work.

Missing spectrum color in lighted post visualization_001.png

What can I do to get rid of this effect? - For better understanding of results of a model (especially of large models) I don't want to switch off the ligthing.

It's really bad because the qualitity of information of a saved pictures is worse. Result hot spots can get lost!

Any suggestions will help, best wishes, Michael

7 REPLIES

Re: Missing spectrum color in shaded (lighted) Post visualization

Your question over constrains the problem. As you have indicated, the issue is related to the lighting. You cannot eliminate the issue and retain the lighting.

You may be able to change the intensity of the various light sources using the Basic Lights dialog to increase the contrast while retaing some lighting effects. The necessary changes will be view and model dependent.

[ Edited ]

JimB,

thank you for answering.

After dimming a little bit darker in

VIEW => VISUALIZATION => BASIC LIGHTS,

the differences beTween colors stay visible during rotating.

2017-04-27_160441.png

But I believe it would be good if the default settings would fullfill it too.

Where can I set it permanently via Customer default?

Best wishes, Michael

In the Customer Defaults dialog, navigate to Gateway, Basic Lights to define the default light sources and their intensities.

JimB, thank you for your help. When I'm back at the office after Labour Day I will try it. Michael

Dear JimB,

can you explain why the dialog "Basic lights" provides 4 pairs of values but "Customer Defaults" only 3 values?

Darkening  of "Scene Dimmer" only modifies second and fourth upper slider value.

2017-05-02_105908.png2017-05-02_105458.png

2017-05-02_105441.png

The intensities in "Customer Defaults" looks like beeing the dvalues of first, second and fourth upper slider value. The third one looks like being ignored. Is this relevant? - Can I also define the other values?

With best regards, Miachel

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MiDi1791
‎05-02-2017 08:43 AM

If you hover over the settings on the basic lights dialog, the 8 sliders control:

Ambient; Left Top; Top; Right Top

Front; Left Bottom; Bottom; Right Bottom

Now, in the customer defaults dialog, the first line ("Lights") specifies which of these lights you want to specify settings for. By default, only 3 are selected. If you hover over the help for this input, you will see that there are 8 valid entries:

CustDefaults.png

These entries correspond to the 8 sliders on the basic lights dialog. If you want to set defaults for all 8, add all 8 names to the "Lights" input (separated by spaces).

The values in the "Intensities" input correspond to the names in the "Lights" input. I.e. if there are 5 names in the "Lights" input, you need 5 real values specified in the "Intensities" input. These are order dependent (the first intensity corresponds to the first name, the second intensity to the second name and so on.

Dear JimB,

thank you for your help. Now everything is clear for me. Best wishes. Michael