Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Mooney Rivlin not usable in NX10

Hello,

I have a 601,129 solution in which I have a ball dropping on a mattress. The mattress uses the Mooney Rivlin material model. I set up this model a while ago in NX8 and it worked fine. Now that I take the same file in NX10, it won’t calculate. I looked at the .f06 file and NX10 tells me that MATHE cannot be used. I will post the NX10 and NX8 Warnings and Errors in the .f06:

NX10:

***WARNING: THE FOLLOWING LIST SHOWS UNSUPPORTED FIELDS FOR CERTAIN BULK DATA
ENTRIES PROCESSED IN THIS INPUT FILE. YOUR MODEL MAY BE AFFECTED
IF VALUES ARE ENTERED IN THESE UNSUPPORTED FIELDS.

********************************************************************************
* ENTRY : UNSUPPORTED FIELDS / RESTRICTIONS *
* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- *
* MATT1 : T(G), T(RHO), T(GE) *
* : *
********************************************************************************

***ERROR: MATHE or MATHP 5 cannot be used for PSOLID or PPLANE, PID 28.

NX8:

***WARNING: THE FOLLOWING LIST SHOWS UNSUPPORTED FIELDS FOR CERTAIN BULK DATA
ENTRIES PROCESSED IN THIS INPUT FILE. YOUR MODEL MAY BE AFFECTED
IF VALUES ARE ENTERED IN THESE UNSUPPORTED FIELDS.

* ENTRY : UNSUPPORTED FIELDS / RESTRICTIONS *
* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- *
* MATT1 : T(G), T(RHO), T(GE) *
* : *

***WARNING: Large strain kinematic formulation is not applicable with material 4 for PID 27.
***WARNING: No element connection for node 2252 directions 4, 5, 6
***WARNING: Similar warning suppressed for 6914 other nodes.
***WARNING: Nodal degrees of freedom without element
connection have been fixed for data input file.

Any suggestions? Why would the newer Solver not be able to use this material model?

Thank you!

Jean-Pierre

1 REPLY
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JonkMcCool
‎10-26-2016 10:07 AM

Re: Mooney Rivlin not usable in NX10

MATHP and MATHE must be referenced by either PLPLANE or PLSOLID. This was always the case for SOL 106.

Advanced Nonlinear (SOL 601/701) initially allowed MATHP and MATHE to be referenced by either PPLANE/PSOLID or PLPLANE/PLSOLID. This behavior was changed in NX Nastran 9 to make advanced nonlinear solutions more consistent with other Nastran solution sequences.

Simply change your PSOLID properties to PLSOLID or PPLANE properties to PLPLANE and the solution should run without this error.