Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion Simulation Impact Wheel on Ramp

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everybody,

I have edited my post and am posting this with pictures for a better overview of the situation. 

I have encountered a problem in my NX 10 motion simulation. I am simulating the impact of the 3D-contact of a wheel on ramp. The parameters of the 3D-contact are the same parameters as the parameters form the NX10-documentation for aluminium and rubber ( 3000, 1.1, 0.6).

I simulated the impact and the highest peak of the force was at about 30N ( it is a small wheel moving with 1 m/s, no rolling/friction for now).

Now to my problem: When I resimulate with more Steps and smaller stepsize, error tolerance etc., the value of the force just gets higher, while the arrangement of the peaks in the diagramm stays about the same. What can I do about this? Is there a so called "convergence/divergence"-criteria in multibodysimulations? Where could these strong variations in force come from?

The forces got as high as 200N, at this point I stopped refining.

Thank you very much for your help!

1 REPLY

Re: Motion Simulation Impact Wheel on Ramp

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Impacts are usually very tricky for computation in MBD, indeed!

You may also encounter issue due to the contact face facetization - check the documentation.

Does it impact your results?

Also, the parameters for contat material in the documentation are only valid within range and relative to each other.

Solver parameter are well tuned by default for 1 sec and 50 steps. Try to remain consistent.

Now, with Simcenter Motion 11; you can view the facetization. Could you try?

Hope it helps,

Gilles

Gilles Dubourg
Product Manager – Simcenter 3D Motion
Product Lifecycle Management
Siemens Industry Software SAS
gilles.dubourg@siemens.com
www.siemens.com/plm