Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX 8.5, NX 9.0 user manual or books?

Hi...

I was wondering if there exists a users manual for NX8.5/9.0, in the form of something like this for the solid modeling portion of NX:

http://www.cadcim.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ISBN=978-1-936646-24-1

I'm still trying to figure out how to use this software in transitioning from an older CAE system, and I guess my main difficulty thus far is perhaps the myriad of questions pertaining to geometry abstraction within the idealized part, and how to work with the idealized part if I need to go back and make changes after I've already created the .sim and .fem files.    

There's also just the challenge of trying to find the software equivalents (if they exist) in going from old system, to NX, or otherwise trying to figure out what the replacement workflow is for a process that might now be antiquated.

I figured it might be worth asking.     I think the online tools are good, but sometimes they wind up being wild goose chases, as opposed to a coherent text that can be found in a book. 

Of course, I can now come here and ask lots of questions too!       I haven't really made use of the Siemens tools like these forums boards to date.

6 REPLIES

Re: NX 8.5, NX 9.0 user manual or books?

[ Edited ]

Hi 

you can google for a book on NX Simulation with an elder NX version in english

there is a book in russian for NX CAE 8.0

and there is another one expected to come soon in english

alternativly youtube gives you a lot of examples

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author NXLover
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I have no literary references for you, but another option is to give Command Finder a try when looking for equivalent functions in NX that you used in other tools. It would be interesting to hear what you search for and how reliable Command Finder is for you. It is built from a list of synonyms that are NX specific and generic as well.

Questions posed to the group are always welcome. I'm sure you aren't the only one that would benefit from the answers.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Product Engineering Software

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

[ Edited ]

Hmm...I'll have to give youtube a try.    I've seen demos for NX, but not any actually "how-to's" on specific CAE topics.

(thanks btw Pavel!)

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply.    Command Finder at least can point me to the right direction in the help menu, but the help menu isn't always entirely helpful in itself.       
For example, for the longest time on NX7.5, I was lackadaisical about learning anything about it b/c it didn't work at the time as advertised.    If I wanted to drop a point onto the center of a bolt hole, I couldn't do it.    It may or may not have been due to issues of dealing with solid models from Creo where the holes can be split into two semicircles.    In another example, abstracting out a complex series of fillets didn't work, although the training materials from a very brief training class made it sound like it should just magically work without any problems.
With NX8.5, things do seem to work better, and I'm still struggling at times, but at least I'm up and running now after however many years of avoiding learning the software altogether.       A coherent text could only serve to expedite that learning process and go through some of the more subtle points of navigating the software, that's unfortunate that such text does not exist.
-------------

MarkLamping wrote:

I have no literary references for you, but another option is to give Command Finder a try when looking for equivalent functions in NX that you used in other tools. It would be interesting to hear what you search for and how reliable Command Finder is for you. It is built from a list of synonyms that are NX specific and generic as well.

Questions posed to the group are always welcome. I'm sure you aren't the only one that would benefit from the answers.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Product Engineering Software

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

Hi NXlover, have a look  www.nx-manual.com

Good luck

fb_trainer

I'll check out the website later...thanks.