Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NX NASTRAN SUBROUTINE

[ Edited ]

Hallo

I have a question does anyone know if  it is possible to do something in NX NASTRAN similar to the user defined material subroutine in ABAQUS?

I want to create a subroutine in order to do a my own stiffness degradation analysis .

2 REPLIES

Re: NX NASTRAN SUBROUTINE

Dear

not 100% answer to your question but hopefully to your problem.

We have implemented a composite fatigue solver, that is fully supporting progressive damage implementation including stiffnesss reduction and FE rerun.

The solver supports full variable amplitude load scenarios!

The nice thing is that it is completely open with respect to the damage rules, i.e. they can be freely implemented.

This is the LMS Composite Fatigue solver.

If interested you can also send me an personal message.

Best Regards

Michael

Dr.Michael Hack
Business Product Line Manager Durability
Simulation and Testing Solutions

Re: NX NASTRAN SUBROUTINE

Jakobi,

Nastran Sol 401 (multiphysics solver) will support user-defined materials in NX11. However, I'm not sure that user-defined orthotropic materials will be supported in this release, as would be required for your application. Perhaps someone from the Nastran team can comment.

NX Laminates 11 allows you to manage your custom Abaqus degradation law such that the degradation parameters are exposed in NX materials, the NX exporter writes them to the input file and automatically links your routine to Abaqus.  This means you can seamlessly create your mesh, define your laminates, code your degradation algorithm, solve and post-process using NX CAE and Abaqus.

Philippe Tremblay
phillippe.tremblay.ext@siemens.com
www.mayahtt.com