Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NX Simulation will become the Simcenter Community

[ Edited ]

Coming very soon for our American readers is the time to pause, give thanks, eat copious amount of food, watch football and shop! That's right, Thanksgiving! And after having given thanks when they (and you, wherever you may be) get back to work this NX Simulation community will be part of the new Simcenter community!

On November 28th 2016, the NX Simulation community will merge with the LMS Simulation & Test Solutions and Femap communities to form the Simcenter community. You will be able to find out what this means in more detail on that day.

What does this mean for you as an NX CAE forum user? This forum will be renamed to the “3D Simulation - Simcenter 3D forum” and in addition to discussing about NX CAE/Simcenter 3D we will include discussions on LMS Virtual.lab and LMS Samtech Samcef. Otherwise however you can expect the same great content and the same great interaction with experts.

Regards,
Ganesh

Simcenter 3D Community Manager
Simulation and Test Solutions
3 REPLIES

Re: NX Simulation will become the Simcenter Community

Hello,

I am sorry, but that is not a good idea at all! When I went to the NX CAE Forum I found exaclty the topics related to Simulation with NX. Now it is filled with a lot of other stuff that I haven't heard of at all. Where is the problem to keep it in catagories so everyone can find what he is looking for? For now it seems all mixed up!

JonkMcCool

JonkMcCool wrote:

Hello,

I am sorry, but that is not a good idea at all! When I went to the NX CAE Forum I found exaclty the topics related to Simulation with NX. Now it is filled with a lot of other stuff that I haven't heard of at all. Where is the problem to keep it in catagories so everyone can find what he is looking for? For now it seems all mixed up!

JonkMcCool

Hi JonkMcCool, 

The NX CAE forum is now simply the  Simcenter 3D forum, all the content within that user forum is still there. Furthermore all knowledge base articles relating to NX CAE are now in the 3D simulation knowledge base as well. In the future the other 3D simulation products (Virtual.lab & Samcef) will cease to exist and will simply be merged into Simcenter 3D & NX Nastran respectively.

The best way to find content is with the search bar and also by using labels, those are the best ways to quickly find your content.

Regards,

Ganesh

Regards,
Ganesh

Simcenter 3D Community Manager
Simulation and Test Solutions

I guess the intention is that SimCenter should include all NX CAE questions, as opposed to the other one that's directed more towards NX NASTRAN  questions (which is a more subtle, but important distinction).

I agree though that it doesn't seem like a good idea.     Specific subforums would be better.