Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newtonian Fluid Simulation

[ Edited ]

I am trying to run a simulation to see how air, or other gases, effect a microscopic part.  I am stumped as to the best way to go about doing this, so I have a few questions.

First, is there a way to run a response simulation of a part in the environment of a newtonian fluid such as water, air, or a pure gas of some sort?

Second, if there is no way to simply simulate the part in the environment stated above, how does the program calculate air as a material?  If I were to place the part inside a solid box, then set that box to the material 'air' will it simulate the part being inside air, or does the program only account for the outside nodes of the 'air box' and not attempt to simulate random particle motion inside of it.

Finally, would there be a way to actually simulate molecules of air or other newtonian fluids using NX 8.5.  I am interested in the properties of the fluid when it is not in motion, which is where I am running into difficulty.  If there is not a way to acheive this using NX 8.5, I would appreciate any help in finding a suitable solution for this type of simulation.

Thank you!