Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Nodes are relabeled after update

Hi all!Smiley Happy
I got another little obstacle on my way to my automated process. Has somebody some advice for me or could help me please?

In my FE-Model, I want to label the important 5 independent nodes with for example 100001 to 100005. When I've done that, everything is fine, but as I am updating my mesh as part of my automated process, the node labels are resetted. Is there a way to avoid this ? So permanently label them?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Benny

3 REPLIES

Re: Nodes are relabeled after update

As far as I can tell this cannot be done (Nx9 & 10) unless you lock your "key" mesh. Doing so my well prevent the automated update to complete.

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Anytime a mesh updates, the node and element labels will change. Having key node labels not change during an update is being considered for a future release. I assume the nodes in question are part of a 1D Connection? 

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Simulation and Test Solutions

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com

www.siemens.com/plm

If your geometry changes are small and you can fit it into your automation, you might want to look at mesh morphing - this will adjust the existing node and element locations to fit the new geometry.  It is only available from NX 10.

Regards

Joe