cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nodes are relabeled after update

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all!Smiley Happy
I got another little obstacle on my way to my automated process. Has somebody some advice for me or could help me please?

In my FE-Model, I want to label the important 5 independent nodes with for example 100001 to 100005. When I've done that, everything is fine, but as I am updating my mesh as part of my automated process, the node labels are resetted. Is there a way to avoid this ? So permanently label them?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Benny

3 REPLIES

Re: Nodes are relabeled after update

Phenom
Phenom

As far as I can tell this cannot be done (Nx9 & 10) unless you lock your "key" mesh. Doing so my well prevent the automated update to complete.

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Anytime a mesh updates, the node and element labels will change. Having key node labels not change during an update is being considered for a future release. I assume the nodes in question are part of a 1D Connection? 

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Simulation and Test Solutions

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com

www.siemens.com/plm

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

If your geometry changes are small and you can fit it into your automation, you might want to look at mesh morphing - this will adjust the existing node and element locations to fit the new geometry.  It is only available from NX 10.

Regards

Joe