Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Orientation of RBE2 Elements

Hello,

does anybody know how to find out the orientation of an RBE2 or RBE3 element?

I need to define some end releases in this case on an RBE2 element, but the problem is I cannot find out which of the 6 DOFs should kept fixed and which I need to release, because there is no visualization.

I already tried to switch the option End Releases in the dialgue Mesh Display on, but it is not working.

Thank you.

Regards,

Georg

3 REPLIES

Re: Orientation of RBE2 Elements

Georg,

There isn't a way to display the active DOF on RBE2/3 elements in NX. That information can be found in Information, Mesh Associated Data, and Solver Syntax Preview for a given mesh. These are all text based solutions, so not what you are looking for.

We've had this request on our short "to do" list for a few releases, but other items jump in front of it.

Regards,

Mark

Hello Mark,

my problem is that without any visualization I don´t know should I release DOF 2 and DOF 5 or DOF 3 and DOF 6 or rather DOF 2 and DOF 6, because I don´t know is plane 1 oriented in the global xy plane or in the xz plane.
DOF 1 and DOF 4 are pretty clear to me, but between 2 and 3 I just can guess.

Regards,
Georg

Georg,

For beams and bars, etc., releases are in the element csys, so a single orientation triad can be drawn for the element.

For RBE2, releases are in the nodal displacement csys, which can be different for every node on the element.

You really need to display nodal displacement csys, not element triad.