cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Obtaining Center of Mass Velocity, Acceleration and Displacement

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I have this hard problem of obtaining the velocit, acceleration and Displacement of the center of mass of one of the links of my assembly. 

I already did the solution for a rotational load with 3000 rpm and got some results. Now the problem is that I need to plot\graph the Displacement, Velocity and Displacement of the center of mass. I found that is possible, see attached image from NX advertising. 

It states that I need to select the center of mass of the link and then graph the Velocity, Acceleration and Displacement of the center of mass but I cannot find how to do that, the only thing I have found so far is how to make a graph for a desired node of the FEM analysis but that is not what I want. I need a velocity vs time, acceleration vs time and displacement vs time graph. 

Thank you very much for your replies. 

2 REPLIES

Re: Problem Obtaining Center of Mass Velocity, Acceleration and Displacement

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan, 

Sorry many of us are on vacation right now so sorry for the delayed response, but I am checking with some colleagues and try to get back to you with an answer!

Regards,
Ganesh

Simcenter 3D Community Manager
Simulation and Test Solutions

Re: Problem Obtaining Center of Mass Velocity, Acceleration and Displacement

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your reply. 

I already found the solution and my solution is as follows:

I was trying to get that from simulation and fem analyses so I couldnt do it there. I needed a motion simulation in order to get those graphs.