Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Problem displaying Streamlines in NX Flow 10.0

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone!

I've got a strange problem while trying to display the streamlines of my flow simulation.

When choosing the INLET everything works fine and Streamlines are shown as expected. However, when trying to display the streamlines choosing the OUTLET, the streamlines are displayed outside the body and are not following the flow backward from the INLET. I tried getting results modifying the Extraction Parameters but without success.

The Arrow Plot works perfectly and does not make any trouble.

Any Help would be very welcome to solve this issue.

I attached some pictures showing the behaviour of the streamlines at the outlet. Hope this can help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards

Eiko

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eiko
‎09-21-2016 05:46 AM

Re: Problem displaying Streamlines in NX Flow 10.0

Solved the problem by myself. Mesh quality was poor right below the OUTLET. The Element Checker showed some Warnings for those Elements because of Exceeding Interior Angles. Refined the Mesh and now it works perfectly.

Hi

can you give me  brief explanation on how to represent streamlines? I know that it requires a group of points....but unable to find any tutorial on that.

Any help would be welcome.

Rui

Rui,

The link below takes you to an NX 11 online help article on streamlines. On the right hand side of the page will be "How do I" articles that should lead you through the steps to create streamline type post processing displays.

Regards,

Mark

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help/#uid:id630406

Finally we giot something but instead long and copntinuous streeamlines we get small segments.

Something related to low velocity limits.