cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Import CSV-Data into Spatial Table Field

Legend
Legend

Hello Experts,

I'm using NX 8.5.2 and I build a spatial table field to put pressure values from another simulation (here CFD) onto my structures. There are plenty of CFD values in my excel sheet (30000 grid points or more) and therefore I decided to export it as CSV file with following content and format:

X [ mm ]; Y [ mm ]; Z [ mm ]; Absolute Pressure [ MPa ]
-3260.685;-18.440;1025.000;0.10656
-3260.685;-41.203;1025.000;0.11062
-3260.685;0.827;1025.000;0.11691
-3260.685;21.015;1025.000;0.09942
-3260.685;41.203;1025.000;0.09428

Is that the right format or do I have to export line numbers or so additionally?

Is the head line a problem?

Now I've got the following message:

Alert message CSV importAlert message CSV import

I'm not sure what it means.

- "Extra values discarded":

I think it means that my head line is not imported as values, that would be all right.

- "Input data with duplicate lookup values discarded. See log for more information":

Here I'm out. Does it means, that my table values in excel contain duplicate grid points with different pressure values?

I could not find the mentioned log file. Where can I find it?

Any suggestion is welcome. Best wishes, Michael

3 REPLIES

Re: Problem with Import CSV-Data into Spatial Table Field

Phenom
Phenom

File/Help/Log file

I think Nx does not like csv file with a header line

Do a test with just a couple of lines

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

"Extra values discarded" means that a line containing non-numeric data was skipped. This is probably due to your header row.

Add a # character to the start of a line to have that line ignored as a comment:

# X [ mm ]; Y [ mm ]; Z [ mm ]; Absolute Pressure [ MPa ]

"Input data with duplicate lookup values discarded. See log for more information" means that the there are two (or more) identical points in the independent domain.

The log file being referred to can be found by: File tab, Help, Log File. Scroll to the bottom and look for message(s) similar to the following that will tell you the row number that has duplicate data and the row number that it is a duplicate of:

Marking row 		2 as duplicate (of row 		1)
Table Field Data Warning: Row  2  discarded as duplicate, numbers of values = 2 , values: 1.000000 1.000000

Legend
Legend

Hello JimB,

well done. Thats all I wanted to know...

Best wishes, Michael