Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Problem with renumbering of grid points by using lower labels

[ Edited ]

Hello experts,

I try to renumber grid points in NX10 with one special condition:

I want to have smaller labels than before. My actual labels start at 6'000'001 - 6'599'999 and I try to relabel them to 1 - 599'999 or so.

But if I try to do so I get the following error message:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The node label entered is not available

Try another label or label higher than the highest existing node label

Resetting node label to the next available label

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

NODE_Relabeling in NX10_001.png

There is enough free space in labels to put my nodes below 6'000'000. What's the problem?

Is there a hidden feature to prevent using lower labels?

In former NX versions (i.g. 8.5.2) there was no problem with relabeling in that manner.

Any suggestions can help,

With best regards, Michael

5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MiDi1791
Monday

Re: Problem with renumbering of grid points by using lower labels

Michael,

Sorry for the late reply here. I did just try this in 10.0.3 and it worked for me. My model had 800 nodes starting at 1001. I edited their IDs using a label of 1000 and an increment of -1.

Regards,

Mark

[ Edited ]

Mark,

thank you for answering. I use NX version 10.0.1.4 (MP 4).

I tried your way by relabeling with negative increment but it doesn't work.

Can you see in the "internal maintenance or development" files of Siemens if there is a bug-fix for my problem at the transition from NX 10.0.1 to NX 10.0.3?

And as last question?  - Is NX 10.0.3 (MP xxx)  the last NX 10 version?

With best regard, Michael

Michael,

10.0.3 is the last maintenance version of 10. The download site is here for you to review what is available. Nothing more is scheduled for 10.

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/

I have a PR search tool at my disposal, but apparently I don't know how to use it. It's finding nothing, but then again, I rarely use it. User error may be involved with my searches. You may want to contact GTAC to have them verify the behavior (bad and good) before you upgrade. So far I've only verified the good behavior, so there's always the chance that I didn't replicate the steps you are taking.

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

thank you for answering. I did create a request at our service provider here in Germany. I will post their reactions here, too.

Best wishes, Michael

Mark,

our service partner did confirm that renumbering with lower labels is a documented error in NX 10.0.2 (and obviously in NX 10.0.1). It should be solved in NX 10.0.3, as you already probed. - We will update our system. Thank you.

Best wishes, Michael