Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SOL 101 using Bolt Preload and Enforced Displacement Constraint

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I was trying to use a Bolt Preload and Enforced Displacement Constraint in one model using SOL 101 and am getting the error: 

USER FATAL MESSAGE 22102 (BOLTFOR) SPECIFIED DISPLACEMENTS (SPCD) NOT PERMITTED IN A PRELOADED BOLT ANALYSIS

Is there a way to use the bolt preload in a model with specified displacements?

Regards,

Elonora

5 REPLIES

Re: SOL 101 using Bolt Preload and Enforced Displacement Constraint

See the "Enforced Displacements and Bolt Preloads" section of the Bolt Preload Procedure article in the online help.

Thanks Jim,

I've looked at the solution and it's plausible. I only couldn't find a way to define the Preload globally as there is no global load container (like for constraints, temperature and simulation objects). I wasn't able to find anything in the help regarding this topic.

Thanks in advance!

Just make sure that the same bolt preload is selected into the Load container in every subcase in the solution.

Thanks Jim,

The setting you describe is the setting I originally got the error message with.
I think the problem and cause for the error message is that both Preload and Enforced Displacement Constraint are defined in one load step together. Preloads have to be defined in every load step and the Constraints can only be defined globally in the SOL 101. In SOL 401 I can indeed define the Preload globally (in the global Load container) and than only apply the Enforced Displacement Constraint for the load step after the preload load case.
It works in SOL 401 but I can't figure out how it could work in SOL 101.

Hello Elonora,

non-zero displacements can be defined in two ways in NX NASTRAN:

- as Enforced displacements (SPCD) and

- as User defined constraints (SPC) of third type (free, fixed, displacement).

May be it works if you choose the other.

I can also remember that if you define a SPCD bulk data entry card in NASTRAN you have to define a SPC bulk data entry for the same gid point DOF. But I'm not sure if it was in NX NASTRAN or MSC NASTRAN and at which version number.

Try it and tell me your results here.

Best wishes, Michael