Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

SOL 115 in NX9

Hi,
I would like to ask you how to activate the sol 115 in nastran profile simulation in NX9.
For modal analysis I've seen only sol 103. 

thanks and regards

13 REPLIES

Re: SOL 115 in NX9

Tom,

The cyclic symmetry solution sequences (114-118) are currently not directly supported in NX Advanced Simulation.

However, as much of the solution setup is the same (boundary conditions, eigenvalue control, etc.), you can use a SOL 103 solution in NX to set up most of the deck. The most difficult card to set up is CYJOIN. A couple of techniques to make this easier:

1. If the nodes are offset by an increment, you can create a group of the nodes on each cyclic face, then select the export option to write groups out as Nastran sets. You would then have to reformat the SET into a CYJOIN.
  2. Manually relable the nodes in the NX FEM. Make sure you pick the nodes on each face in the same order, or use the "Renumber Nodes by Coordinates" NX Open app (http://www.plmworld.org/p/do/si/topic=405) to sweep the labeling on each face. Once the nodes on each face are relabled into a condensed range, manually defining the CYJOIN card using the THRU option is easy, i.e.:

CYJOIN, 1, 10001, THRU, 11476

CYJOIN, 2, 20001, THRU, 21476

Ok. Thanks

What about CYSYM parameter ? should be manualy inserted in to *.dat (or *.bdf) file , or I can do it in NX ?

Regards

Tom,

All of the cyclic solution specific cards will have to be entered manually (including CY*, LOADCY*, HARMONICS, etc.). I just singled out CYJOIN as that is the one that needs the most pre-processing "help" for larger models with hundreds of grids on the cyclic faces.

Jim

Hi,

OK Understood.
BTW .
Do You know maybe does Siemens will introduce such tools in near future ?

regards

Hi Jim

When I go to  NX Open app (http://www.plmworld.org/p/do/si/topic=405)  I have : 

File Library

Files

No Items were found matching your request.
Please go back and try a different request.

Is some special permision need to access to this file ? 

regards
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author tom_gwin
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Tom,

You need to be a member of the NX Simulation SIG to access these files. To join, go to http://www.plmworld.org/p/cm/ld/fid=67 and pick the "Join Now" button in the NX: Simulation SIG row.

Regards,

Jim

I am interested in looking into this too but I could not join the group. Is the file available somewhere else as well? Thanks!

PLM World shut down their forums a couple of years ago so the links to posts and files hosted there will no longer work.

Here is the relabel nodes by coordinates app. It should work in NX 8 and later releases. If you find any issues, let me know.

Also note that in current releases, NX Nastran SOL 401 has a cyclic normal modes capability is that is supported in NX pre and post processing. The cyclic coupling is achieved using new methodology based on our face to face glue technology, so the meshes on the coupled faces are not required to be identical.