cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save as option

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sir

I have a  model which has almost 40-50 element properties and mesh types. i want to run an analysis for some meshed components.after solving i will keep on adding the other components to this so that i will see the effect of the components. this way i am able to solve the problem.

but i have requirement where i want to save as the sim file and delete some meshes and run the remaining meshes, hear i am facing the problem of connecting the fem and part file. if iam saving it in different folder the error message of missing the file(part and fem) is coming so i want to know how come across this error ( An thing like bundling all the part,fem,sim to a another folder so that the original file will be safe)

8 REPLIES

Re: Save as option

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Karthik,

Make your part the work file, then Save as. You will be prompted for each of the prt, fem and sim files and so you can send them all to another folder. Best to give them all new names as well.

Phil

Philippe Tremblay
phillippe.tremblay.ext@siemens.com
www.mayahtt.com

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Karthik,

There's another way to address this situation within the same FEM/SIM. However it depends on which version of NX you have and which solver you are using. NX supports subset exports of a model. The first solver that this was done for was Nastran. It's been supported for a number of releases and is being rolled out for the other solvers too.The idea here is that you have a FEM that has all of your meshes - no need to delete them. Then when you define a solution, you can select which parts of your model you wish to export with the Edit Advanced Solver Options, export options, subset export capability. If you control the subset export via groups containing meshes, then you have something that will be predictable as your model changes. If your meshes change, the groups will update to reflect the changes. You could create a group of meshes for a given solution, and use that group for the subset export for that solution.

The advanced solver options become a part of the solution definition. That means if you choose to export a portion of your model today, that same portion will be used tomorrow or later if you choose to re-solve. Other solutions can use the entire model or other groups.

The benefit to this is that you have a single FEM/SIM to manage. You will be able to quickly make post processing comparisons between models as you add components to it. The post views will use the SIM/FEM file information (mesh names, groups, load set names) within its UI. This only happens when the results from a post view are related to the work SIM file. For post views not related to the work SIM, the results are treated as if they are imported (no association to the SIM).

The downside is that it may not always be obvious what you are solving from a graphical point of view since you are solving a subset of the model. However, it is another way of working and shows a bit of flexibility in the product. 

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Product Engineering Software

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

thank you for your reply sir,
i have tried this, it is promoting for each part,fem and sim file i am giving different. in the information window the file name is also updating but only the part file is saving in the folder.

I am have attached the snap shot of the prosess plz go throgh this if iam wrong in some place plz help me

thank you

Pioneer
Pioneer
Sir
can you send me the process or steps, or give some simple example to do this

Siemens Phenom

Karthik,

Your DOC shows 

b1.prt will be saved as beam1

b2.prt will be saved as beam2

beam_fem1.fem will be saved as beam1.fem

beam_sim1.fem will be saved as beam1.sim

NX only supports unique for all of its file types (PRT, FEM, SIM, AFM). You have beam1.prt, beam1.fem, beam1.sim. That's not allowed. The name (excluding the extension) has to be unique. 

Regards,

Mark

Siemens Phenom

Karthik,

Here's a DOC that quickly describes the steps to set up a subset export from a selected solution.

Regards,

Mark

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Karthik,

Here's a link to an avi that shows how to do a Save As of all the files, in a different directory.

ftp://ftp.mayahtt.com/outgoing/Save_As_in_NX_V3.zip

Phil

Philippe Tremblay
phillippe.tremblay.ext@siemens.com
www.mayahtt.com

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you both of them(Philippe Tremblay,Mark Lamping) i have tried both the steps and it is working well.this will help me for my future work.