Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simcenter 3D sim model hides while rotating

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi All, 

See attached video to understand my problem. Panning and zooming is ok, is only rotating that hides/unhides my model. How do I switch this off?

Thx,

Jens

4 REPLIES

Re: Simcenter 3D sim model hides while rotating

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

It looks like the "clipping planes" need to be updated for your model. The easy way to do this is to press the "Home" key on your keyboard. This will orient the view to a trimetric view and reset the clipping planes. What is happening is that when you rotate your model, it is partially behind the "view clipping plane" and does not get rendered.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I also run into this behavior from time to time. I don't know why, if it's clipping planes or bounding boxes that get messed up. Fitting the display to all objects in the display fixes the problem. the "Home" key action reorients the display and fits the display. Just fitting the display (View, Operation, Fit) will fix this without rotating the display.

Regards,

Mark

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Hi,

Indeed that works but one has to restart Simcenter.

Thx,
Jens

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Jens,

It sounds like you have something graphics related that is unsupported or at least annoying Simcenter. You certainly should not have to restart Simcenter. I mean, what's the point of using a command to fix something if it requires restarting to fix the problem? If your only option to fix the graphics is to restart, then I think it is best that you contact GTAC with respect to some hardware/graphics triaging of your system. This absolutely should not require a restart.

Regards,

Mark