Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sine Vibration SImulation

Creator
Creator

Hi, I am new to NX 10 and I would like to do the following requirements for sine vibration test.

For frequency range 5-10 Hz, Test level 8mm(0-peak)

For frequency range 10-100Hz, Test level 3g

I am capable of doing basic vibration simulation such as Sol103 eigenvalues and Sol 111 Modal frequency. However, I am unsure of which solution to use for sine vibration simulation and how to input the test levels. Could it be post-processing using Sol 103 Response Simulation? If so, which event do I use? Also, as 1 test level is in displacement and 1 is in acceleration, do I have to do the two test separately for each frequency range or can I do both together?

Thanks for the assistance.

7 REPLIES

Re: Sine Vibration SImulation

Legend
Legend

Hi there,

You can use Response Sim, using spectrum...

Creator
Creator

Hi, thanks a lot for your help! Smiley Happy I am now able to get my simulation running! Smiley Very Happy

Creator
Creator

Hi,

do you know what is the difference between SOL 103 and SOL 111? Is the post-procesing of SOL 103 using the solution of 111?

Thanks.

Jintin

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

SOL 103 is an eigenvalue/normal modes solution. It computes linear modes of a structure.

SOL 111 is a modal frequency response solution. It uses modal superposition to compute the response of a structure to a n excitation int he frequency domain.

SOL 111 can compute the linear structural modes as part of the solution, or it can use modes computed in SOL 103 via restart.

Creator
Creator

But it is possible to do the sine vibration analysis and evaluate excitation points in post-processing of SOL 103 by creating a response dynamics solution right? So does the functionality of response dynamics use the SOL 111 or what does it do internally? I am confused as the response dynamics does not show any result file for results of excitation accelerations but it does contain them in NX itself and it is possible to export them.

I am just curious if it is the same procedure as one would do with SOL111

Jintin

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes, Response Dynamics in NX is also a modal response solver. It requires modes from a prior SOL 103 solve.

Internally, it is a different solver than Nastran SOL 111 (it is based on the I-DEAS Response Simulation solver which used I-DEAS Model Solution hypermatrix package), but the fundamental modal superposition approach is the same. Results are stored in a .rs2 file, which is a Nastran binary output 2 formatted file that is written by the Response Dynamics solver.

Creator
Creator

I see, thanks for the detailed answer!