Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Substructuring in NX SPACE SYSTEMS THERMAL

Hello everyone,

Here is my first post and i have a question about NX SPACE SYSTEMS THERMAL. I read in some SIEMENS documentations that the model sub-structuring (model reduction) was available in NX TMG and as a consequence in NX SPACE SYSTEMS THERMAL. See the following paper:

fs_master_tmg_tcm78-45982.pdf

But I cannot find anywhere the command to achieve this. If someone could explain me this, i would be grateful.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Substructuring in NX SPACE SYSTEMS THERMAL

HI, Arnaud2.
I think that in this case the term "sub-structuring model" implies the use of superelements, which are available in NX SST.

Hello Sam63,

Thanks for answer. Of course "sub-structuring" means superelements. So do you confirm its implementation in NX SST ?

On the other side, I heard that it was available in MAYA TMG and that it was possible to model a super element by adding some command lines in the ".xml" model file.

Hello, Arnaud2! The software documentation has a section about NoN-Geometric Elements. I think this is what you need.

Home > CAE Advanced Simulation > NX Thermal and Flow, Electronic Systems Cooling, and Space Systems Thermal > Workflow for thermal and flow analyses > Modeling a thermal analysis wity non-geometric elements.