cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topology Optimization NX11

Creator
Creator

Hello guys,

I'm writing my thesis on additive manufacturing and I need to use the tool NX nastran optimization topology on the program NX11. I don't know how to use this tool, so I'm trying to learn. I have some problems on the settings for the analysis. These pictures are the screenshots of the windows in NX11 where I have some problem for the optimization.

In the first one, I don't know how to set the numbers, because in a tutorial on youtube I have seen the the value "Residual Mass (ITORMASS)" was set at 0, but in my case this doen't work, I got another error. So I set the numbers as you see in the Figure1 but I don't know if it's right.

In the Figure2, you can see the menu for setting the output "Normalized Material Density". I set everything as you can see from the picture, but I don't know if it's right again.

In the Figure3, after the analysis I check the "Normalized Material Density" but I can't get a good result because everything is with the number 1, nothing was optimized.

Can you please help me? or maybe do you have an handbook about NX nastran optimization topology?

Thanks for the attention and for your help,

Regards

4 REPLIES

Re: Topology Optimization NX11

Pioneer
Pioneer

HI Vincenzol

I have the same problem, too. NX, NASTRAN, optimization are not easy to use.
Will NX NASTRAN optimization be replaced by Frustum optimization?

Re:Optimization NX11

Pioneer
Pioneer

HI

Does Frustum TopOpt replace NX nastran TOSCA solver?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

The native NX Nastran topology optimization solution is targeted for the CAE expert. This can be seen as a replacement for Tosca-based NX Topo solution. The Frustum solution is easier to use and meant to be used mainly by non-CAE people from the design department.

So: NX Nastran topology optimization will not be replaced by the Frustum solution since both solutions are complementary as they serve a different user group.

Martin

Global CAE Portfolio Development

Pioneer
Pioneer

HI

thank you for answering