Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to deactivate update automatisms in meshing

Legend
Legend

Hello Experts,

I have a short question in NX8.5.2 Advanced Simulation:

If I mesh the surface area of a polygon body partially with 2D elements and after that the whole body with 3D elements there is dependence between meshes, ok so far.

If I now REMESH the 2D mesh may be with a new element size the solid mesh updates automatically. If my solid consists of a lot of surface areas which I want to I refine or modify updating happens very often although only one update at the end of my 2D remeshing is necessary.

I assume I can switch off that automatism but I do not find the "Button". Does somebody know it?

Best wishes, Michael

4 REPLIES

Re: update existing mesh with changed parameters

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Michael

You can right click on the 3D Mesh in the Navigator and choose "lock mesh".  This prevents it from updating.  However, you will find this also prevents you from modifying the 2D Mesh you are using to seed the surfaces, since it will result in an inconsistent mesh.

If you want to test out different 2D seed meshes, then I think your only option is to delete the 3D Mesh and re-create it later, if you want to avoid the update process.

Regards

Joe

Legend
Legend

Hello Joe,

thank you for answering. But that is not what I intended.

A colleque of mine describes another behavior: Here NX only informs about update pending state after remeshing 2D seed mesh and the remeshing of 3D mesh has to be triggerd manually. That is good.

Therefore I guess there is a button or option.

Michael

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Michael,

I've been dealing with the same issue for a while now, as I'm working with a pretty large and complex model. However, as Joe already said, I can only confirm that the associated 3D-Mesh updates automatically.

I think what your friend experiences is as follows:

- Global mesh which consists of several connected meshes (with mesh matings)

- If you change a 2D-Mesh, the associated 3D-Mesh updates automatically

- However, as the partial 3D-Mesh has changed, the global mesh needs to be updated, and that's when the Update Icon shows up

Hope I could help. And as I've already said, that's what I've figured out so far.

If somebody knows how it can be deactivated, I would appreciate it also very much if you could share it with us.

Best regards

Eiko 

Legend
Legend

Hello Eiko, hello Joe,

Thanks for answering.

But I’ve seen it with my own eyes and with my model but in NX of my colleague. NX did mention the update pending state and did NOT update 3D mesh automatically.

I will search furthermore...

Michael