Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USE PRT-Expressions in FEM

Legend
Legend

Hello Expertrs,

I built a PRT using expressions (thickness, length, quantity of construction elements, ...)  in application "Modeling..." and I want to use these expressions after creating iPart and FEM in application "Advanced Simulation..."  from PRT to control the meshing of FEM. But I can't reach these expressions.

Is there a way to import PRT-expressions into FEM or get it in other ways?

Hint: The PRT is part of an Assy and the FEM is NOT a part of an AFM. I use all Assy-Objects directly in my iPart and meshed directly, too.

NX-Version: 8.5.2

Any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards.

Michael

3 REPLIES

Re: USE PRT-Expressions in FEM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Michael,

You can do this through interpart expressions. The Expressions dialog has a command in it that lets you define a "Single Interpart Expression". The software asks you to select a file open in your NX session, then an expression in the selected file. You can do this with PRT, FEM, SIM, and AFM files. Users creating automation routines will for example define element sizes in the meshing dialogs related to dimensions in a PRT. Please take a look at the online help for interpart expressions topics.

Regards,

Mark

Legend
Legend

Hello Mark,

thank you for answering. I will try it in Monday when I'm back at the office.

Best wishes.

Michael

Legend
Legend

Hello Mark,

thank you for your explanation. It works fine.

Even renaming the part containing the expressions in the first place will update the interpart expression definitions in the "higher" positioned part or FEM-file automatically.

I have only one question:

What means overwrite (or override) interpart expression in fact?

Can I really redefine an (interpart) expression coming from another part  in a way that this (interpart) expression will be modified also in the part where the expression was defined originally or only suppress the original definition made in another part?

Best wishes.

Michael