Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we delete polygon body from NX NASTRAN.fem

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello Expert,

Please help me....

I created CAD model then started NX NASTRAN, in this we get polygon bodies to be meshed,

can we delete those polygon bodies, i could not....

I tried to suppress the part from .prt file.....and go to .fem file....then error that i received is "error setting displayed part"....

then I closed all files and opened only .fem file even then I received error message as
"gometry is invalid for mesh recipe"....

Please suggest me.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dev.
2 REPLIES

Re: can we delete polygon body from NX NASTRAN.fem

Innovator
Innovator
Dear Dev,
When you create the SIM & FEM files is when you define the options of what geometry to use for the analysis, surely by default is ALL. If you want to RE-SELECT bodies (add or eliminate) simply EDIT the FEM definition. If your part contains multiple solid or sheet bodies, specify the bodies to include in the FEM. From the Bodies to Use list:

Select All Visible (the default) to automatically include all solid or sheet bodies currently displayed in the idealized part and FEM.
    Select All to automatically include all solid or sheet bodies, including hidden bodies, in the idealized part and FEM.

Note
    Because lightweight facet bodies contain no polygon edge or face data, you cannot create a FEM on lightweight facet representations in assembly reference sets. If you create a new FEM with the All option selected, the software skips any lightweight facet bodies in the assembly part.

Select Select to include only selected bodies in the idealized part and FEM. When you click Select Bodies, the Selection toolbar becomes active, and you can select solid or sheet bodies in the graphics window. Facet bodies are not selectable.
    Select None to create an idealized part that contains no bodies from the master part.

Best regards, Blas.

Re: can we delete polygon body from NX NASTRAN.fem

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you Mr. Blas,

That was a great help & learning for me.

Till date I have not noticed that option, it made my life simple,

Many Thanks.

Regards,
Dev.