cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complete list of NX icons

Creator
Creator

Hi,

does anybody know of some help on the icons in NX9.0 Advanced simulation application?

For exemple, I would lilke to know the meaning of the FEM object icon pictured below.

Is there a complete set of NX9.0 icons, listed by applications?

best regards,

simulation navigatonmesh icon.png

Cyril
9 REPLIES

Re: complete list of NX icons

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

hello,

NX CAE Book has full description of all the features and functions

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Simulation-Knowledge-Base/NX-CAE-Book-Engineering-...

Regards

Pavel

Creator
Creator

Hi Pavel, thank you for your advice.

I just would like to know where in NX9.0 Help files I could find the meaning Advanced Simulation icons.

I don't intend to buy other documentations.

best regards,

Cyril

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This is the NX 10 help but it would be the same in the NX 9 help. This gives you an indication of the icons in the Simulation Navigator. 

NX Sim icons.jpg

Regards,
Ganesh

Simcenter 3D Community Manager
Simulation and Test Solutions

Creator
Creator

Hi Ganesh,

thank you for your input.

Unfortunately the icon I get for my solution (please check at the top of this discussion) is not in the NX help you provided. I would like to have access to the complete NX icons list.

I hope SIEMENS provides a complete list soon.

best regards,

Cyril

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi cyril,

I am really not sure about that because I am using NX10 already and do not remember how the symbol looked earlier versions, but maybe it is indicating that the FEM file needs to be updated.

Regards,
Georg

Community Manager

Cyril, 

I did some digging around and it looks like this one slipped through the cracks. 

Here is the intent/description of what the icon signifies:

In NX 9 as part of the morphing project, we introduced a new icon for the FEM in the navigator that shows a broken lock. It is meant to indicate that the model has partial geometry association. That is, some meshes have partial associativity, some geometric entities have partial associativity, or both. This can happen when morphing is used to build associations, or update originally geometry based meshes where geometry has changed. It's acceptable behavior, but one we felt users should be aware of.

The problem is that as you have demonstrated there is no user feedback. This is something that will be addressed in future releases and additionally will be described in NX 11 help. 

Thank you for bringing up this issue and I apologize for the lack of clarity. I hope this helps!

Regards,
Ganesh

Creator
Creator

Hi Ganesh,

great, this is the answer I was waiting for.

My mesh has it's thickness source from midsurface, I suppose the partial geometry association comes from this fact.

thanks a lot,

Cyril

Creator
Creator
Hi Georg,

Yes, this is it, and I wanted confimation from SIEMENS. Ganesh gave us the official answer!

Thank you,

--
Cyril

The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and is provided
solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments
or any information contained therein is unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.
No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail
or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software.

Attention : Les informations figurant sur cet e-mail ont un caractère strictement confidentiel
et sont exclusivement adressées au destinataire mentionné ci-dessus. Tout usage,
reproduction ou divulgation de cet e-mail est strictement interdit si vous n'en êtes pas
le destinataire.
Dans ce cas, veuillez nous en avertir immédiatement par la même voie et détruire l'original.
Aucune responsabilité n'est acceptée suite à tout défaut ou propagation de virus survenue
à l'ouverture de cet e-mail, qu'il ait été ou non, contrôlé par une application anti virus.
Merci.
Cyril

Community Manager

Cyril, 

Here's further update, actually the NX Documentation team was in error, there is information on this in NX Help

It can be found under: 

Home > CAE > Advanced Simulation > Meshing >  Mesh Morphing  in NX9 help. 

And here is a screenshot:

partial associativity.jpg

Regards,
Ganesh