cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

description and the difference between equivalent plastic strain and nonlinear strain

Legend
Legend

Hello Experts,

what is the correct description and the difference between equivalent plastic strain and nonlinear strain components or mises value.

In my solution 601 (large strains) I get after bilinear elastic - plastic simulation both results but I do not know the right explanation of them.

Is equivalent plastic strain (as a scalar value) the unique plastic strain without elastic parts calculated with mises formulations and nonlinear strain contains both linear and plastic strain components as a kind of superposition?

I can't interpret my results because equivalent plastic strain is larger then nonlinear mises strain. Here I'm out ;-)

I can't find information about it nowhere. Can somebody give me a hint about it?

Where can I find information about it for instance in the nx manual?

Everything can help.

Best regards, Michael.

3 REPLIES

Betreff: description and the difference between equivalent plastic strain and nonlinear strain

Legend
Legend

Is there really nobody who can help me?

Betreff: description and the difference between equivalent plastic strain and nonlinear strain

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator
Hi MiDi,

I can imagine that equivalent plastic strain is the total strain --> linear(elastic) + nonlinear(plastic)
nonlinear strain contains no linear (elastic strain)

Best,
Sami

Legend
Legend

Sami,

thank you for your reaction, but I think you are not right.

I found information about equivalent plastic strain as beeing an accumulation of plastic strain increments calculated as "mises strain" during simulation process iterations. That means modifications in equivalent plastic strain value illustrate the "modification" of plastic deformation state at that very iteration step. I think its a kind of indicator value. That value can only increase because its summation of the "mises" plastic strain increment which only can be zero or greater than zero.

Nonlinear strain components are the total strain tensor values at a precise iteration time step.

Therefore equivalent plastic strain can also reach values above nonlinear mises strain if the plastic deformation process consists of different load and unload circles.

Can you agree with me?

Best wishes, Michael