cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"update pending" error in NX6 AdvSim

N/A
Hello!,
After meshing a FE model with near 1 Million nodes & elements and back to SIM environment I ran "Analysis > Finite Element Model Check" and with surprise I receive the following error message:
Mesh-Based Errors Summary
-------------------------
ERROR
There is an update pending.
If the job is submitted before an update, the results will not reflect the changes made to the part.
SUGGESTION: Perform an FEM update or use File->Simulation->Export to write out the model data without an update.
Total: 1 error and 0 warnings
Well, back to FEM I click on "Update Finite Element Model". After a while the Update command ends but not any action done, the status "update pending" still go there in the simulation navigator.
I have revised the model and aparently all is OK. This is a serious problem because I am not able to write an analysis file neither launch the NX NASTRAN solver inside NX AdvSim.
The only resource I have is to do "File > Simulation > Export" to write the FE bulk data. Yes, done, but all the geometry association is missing, not a valid work-around.
For NX AdvSim developers, please inform if any internal listing exist to locate why NX is not able to update the FE model with success, or what error exist -- thanks!.
Best regards,
Blas.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director
IBERISA
Edificio Ercilla
Rodríguez Arias 23, 3º - Dpto. 19
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
Tel. (+34) 94 410 65 50
Fax. (+34) 94 470 26 34
E-mail: info@iberisa.com
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
1 REPLY

Re: "update pending" error in NX6 AdvSim

N/A
Hello!,
Is anybody out there?. I see, summer time ....
Well, I have deleted ALL mesh data (node & elements, connections, etc..., all), then I click "Update Finite Element Model" and the status go on "Update pending", so from the point of view of the end user not more room to do, then what is telling us NX AdvSim?. I suggest to developpers to make NX AdvSim more explicit in the error messages to help the user to understand better what is wrong in the model -- thanks!.
Best regards,
Blas.
"Blas Molero Hidalgo" escribió en el mensaje news:4a422454$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
Hello!,
After meshing a FE model with near 1 Million nodes & elements and back to SIM environment I ran "Analysis > Finite Element Model Check" and with surprise I receive the following error message:
Mesh-Based Errors Summary
-------------------------
ERROR
There is an update pending.
If the job is submitted before an update, the results will not reflect the changes made to the part.
SUGGESTION: Perform an FEM update or use File->Simulation->Export to write out the model data without an update.
Total: 1 error and 0 warnings
Well, back to FEM I click on "Update Finite Element Model". After a while the Update command ends but not any action done, the status "update pending" still go there in the simulation navigator.
I have revised the model and aparently all is OK. This is a serious problem because I am not able to write an analysis file neither launch the NX NASTRAN solver inside NX AdvSim.
The only resource I have is to do "File > Simulation > Export" to write the FE bulk data. Yes, done, but all the geometry association is missing, not a valid work-around.
For NX AdvSim developers, please inform if any internal listing exist to locate why NX is not able to update the FE model with success, or what error exist -- thanks!.
Best regards,
Blas.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director
IBERISA
Edificio Ercilla
Rodríguez Arias 23, 3º - Dpto. 19
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
Tel. (+34) 94 410 65 50