I have simple Simcenter 3D questions:
Thanks you very much in advance
let me answer your questions:
1) if you are in simulation Navigator, rightclick on the grey column header (typically you have the "Name" Column first), then you can select "Expand all" or "Collapse all".
2) You can add multiple Fems to a Part (or IPart) by just usign the "New FEM" button several times on the same part file. You will see the relations in the Simulation File View on the bottom of your Simulation Navigator. If you like to inverse the Relation View, you can select the "Part Centric View" by rightclicking on the "Session" Top Node on the Simulation File view.
3) After selecting the value you have to select a hole and then automatically all holes that are smaller than the defined diameter are selected. You can also use the "Select All" Button or use the Rectangle Multiselect to select the whole part.
4) You can use the standard modelling commands on your Ipart. Wave Link or Promote the Ipart, then switch to the Modelling application. Now you can use sketch and Extrude, or define a cylinder and substract it, or model a hole using the standard modeling commands.
5) Make the FEM File to the displayed or work part. Then switch to the "Nodes and Elements" Tab. You will find a "Delete" Button in the elements group. Now you can select the elements (or group of elements) you would like to delete.
I have a question following on the first question marclecoque1 asked, when some or all nodes are expanded and you jump from your .fem to your .sim-file or the other way around the expanded nodes automatically close again. It makes the simulation navigator neat, but it forces me to click too much.
How can I avoid this and make Simcenter hold the expanded nodes open when I have opened them before switching from fem/sim to fem/sim.