Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

split (unmerge, separate) nodes which are already merged in afm

[ Edited ]

Hello experts,

short question:

How can I split (unmerge or separate) nodes in an AFM which are merged by using "Find duplicate nodes" in the first place.

The nodes belong to different FEMs and I want to modify one of these FEMs at one of the affected nodes.

I want to integrate an RBE-element between the other FEM and the node position which is merged.

Hopefully wait for answers,

Michael

2016-04-04

Edit, 2016-04-12, Second attempt:

Is there really no one who has an answer for my problem? - I think a lot of user have such a problem. Is there no workaround to separate elements after merging? - Michael

5 REPLIES

Re: split (unmerge, separate) nodes which are already merged in afm

Sorry for the late response.

Though merged nodes in the AFM are managed internally by NX, they aren't exposed to the user. Therefore there is no way to undo specifically undo the merge operation. There are two ways to indirectly undo the merge operation.

1. Remove one of the component FEMs affected by the merge and add it back into the AFEM

2. Remesh one of the component FEMs such that the mesh of the region affected by the merge is recreated

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Simulation and Test Solutions

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com

www.siemens.com/plm

Hello Mark, thank you for your response and both workarounds. That's a pity. Does it make sense to create a request for enhancement to get such a functionality? - I wonder if I am the only one who wants such an unmerge-function. Best wishes, Michael

Michael,

Enhancement requests are always welcome. If we see a trend in requests, they do get higher priority for near future releases. I don't know how many (if any) requests we have on this one. I do know that we've debated it with development. We recognized the potential need, but didn't feel it was significant enough to add it to any development plan.

Regards,

Mark

Hello Mark,

thank you for answering. How do I create such a request -  in GTAC or is there a special internet page?

Best wishes,

Michael

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MiDi1791
‎06-01-2016 04:14 PM

Yes, GTAC tools or support staff can help with enhancement request submissions through the incidence report (IR) system. I must say I've never used the GTAC tools from a customer perspective, so I shouldn't go into much detail. 

Regards,

Mark