Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Car body design

I need a tutorials for car body design. Anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: Car body design

Are you with an academic institution? What software are you looking for tutorials in?

There are a number of stages to Car body design

1. Packaging layout

defining the key fixed points and size of the vehicle. Here we have some course-ware on the use of the NX automotive packaging module, but you would have to request special support of a training course.

2. Product styling

defining the form of the exterior. Although no specific courses for automotive I recommend looking at the Shape Studio for Industrial Design training.

3. Class A

creation of high quality surfaces, usually from scans of clay models. We do  have training documentation on this topic. You will need to request specific training consultancy for this.

4. Body in White

the engineering of the body panels. We have a training course available for this topic.

Steve V

What it is exactly ?

--
Thanks and Regards
Tejas M. Kalekar
ARAI-Academy
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Mob. No. +49-151-66421177
+91-8379954087

Do I  understand that what you are looking for is information on how car body design should be done and what the main engineering goals and design challenges are in the design of cars? Or are you looking for support on how to use NX to achieve these goals?

Steve V

Yes, I am looking in this area. Thanks for this mail.

What will be the next step?

--
Thanks and Regards
Tejas M. Kalekar
ARAI-Academy
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Mob. No. +49-151-66421177
+91-8379954087

Tejas, there are courses in Industrial Design and Shape Studio that address several of these topics on our Learning Advantage system. You can search the course catalog here:

https://training.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/mytraining/sp_list.cfm

Here is more information on training resources for our academic partners:

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/academic/resources/training/index.shtml

Be sure to check out our Academic Resource Center for other free tutorials.

Dora