cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License File and Licensing Tool is Using Two different en0 & en1 (license will not work)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am having the same issue with the license provided.  There are multiple partitions on my drive it is trying to use both.

There were two different host ids found per the instructions in NX10 Learning Edition purchasing and installing on Macintosh.pdf.  I found the directions in the document to provide the hostname using the directions ifconfig en0 ether.  I do not know if it is because I am using Bootcamp to run Windows, but I want this to run on my Mac parition.  I do not know which one of them is the Mac en0 or en1.

rs-mbp-2:~ rm$ ifconfig en0 ether
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    options=10b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_HWTAGGING,AV>
    ether host id
rs-mbp-2:~ rm$ ifconfig en1 ether
en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    ether different host id

Per the documentation - If the numbers do not match, as shown in this example, Siemens must generate and send you a new license file that matches the Host ID as shown by the Licensing Tool.

The license file that was provided to me does not have the host ID that I provided (nx_licensing.lic has HOSTID for en0), so I was trying to get assistance with my license file which the licensing tool has host id for en1.  I was following through the directions in the downloads and it said that licensing is a common issue.
3 REPLIES

Re: License File and Licensing Tool is Using Two different en0 & en1 (license will not work)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Here is a screenshot.  I did the troubleshooting that is how I found out it was using two different environments to determine the host id.  The en0 environment was used per the directions and providing when purchasing the license, but the licensing tool has the en1 host id.  Is it possible to get a license regenerated?  I had issues trying to get it installed and contacted the vendor to get a dmg file created for Motif, which took several days.  I got all the way to the end of the install and the license has issues :-(!  I have not been able to use the software yet.

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 4.56.16 PM.png

Re: License File and Licensing Tool is Using Two different en0 & en1 (license will not work)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Would someone please contact me so that I might receive the correct license file?  I can give you the details of the ipconfig command, but do not want to put my device MAC id on the internet for all to view.  I saw in one of the past posting that someone from the academic team contacted the individual to get them the correct key.

Thank you

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@RM2015  Please send me your license file, and a screen grab of the NX Licensing tool.  (see example on Pg 15 of https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/siemensplm/attachments/siemensplm/NX-Student-Forum/491/... )

jerry

jerry.sarfati@siemens.com

- - - -
Jerry Sarfati
Siemens PLM Software