cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens NX 10 Learning Edition limitations

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello,

Just purchased the NX learning edition, does not seem like that I can implement it with a CFD Programm my parts.(real irritating if so)
I was wondering what can I not do with the nx learning edition ?
4 REPLIES

Re: Siemens NX 10 Learning Edition limitations

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

NX Learning Edition has most of the design features and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) capabilities of the retail version. Watermarks will be added to printed and plotted data to prevent the NX Learning Edition from being used for commercial work. In addition File->Export capabilities are blocked. NX Learning Edition can output 3D STL files commonly used for rapid prototyping and 3D printing. In addition CAM data will not be available for Post Processing, and the displayed output of tool path information will have limited precision.

Part files created in NX Learning Edition will not be able to be retrieved in the retail version, but can be retrieved in the full academic packages available to education establishments.

Note: NX Learning Edition does not include NX CAE.

This should be clearly stated on the website where you purchased your NX learning edition.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there any way to export ??

Find that  too be a big disadvantage especially if you want to simulate.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

which school you go to?

Experimenter
Experimenter

My academic institution does not have an nx licence if thats what your referring to.