Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

TC Plant Simulation student version limitations

Has anyone looked at the TC Plant Simulation student version?  I had planned to set a 3rd Year undergraduate project but it looks like the 80 object limitation would make the project too trivial.  

3 REPLIES

Re: TC Plant Simulation student version limitations

[ Edited ]

Hello Robb_Doyle,

please be aware that a lot of objects like methods, variable, tables, .. are not counted.

Only the real simulation objects like SingleProcs, Buffers, Frames, ... are counted.

In V11 we also no longer count the class objects.

If you also unload unnecessary libraries you can create pretty complex simulation models.

So I think it's definitely worth to have a look at it.

If you feel the limit is still a problem please let us know.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf

Hi Ralf

Thanks for the encouraging reply on the simulation size.  To give you some idea of the size of the model I have attached a screen grab of a TC Vis model which we made last year.  This is a training workshop with 25+ machines and 25+ people.  We are interested at looking a the flow of people around the workshop so there are likely to be multiple pathways.  It would be good to hear whether you think this scenario is going to fit within the limits.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robb_Doyle
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi Robb,

I created a small model with 30 machines. You can see it in the attached screenshot.

I also created a work place for each of the machines. Don't know if you need one at every machine. But it is also counted.

There is also a Broker and a WorkerPool inserted which you need if you want to model workers.

The number of workers and the number of parts are no problem, since they are not counted.

So I end up at 63 objects, which you can see at the top left corner in the screenshot.

This should leave some room for other enhancements.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf