Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

API : SetPlateTransform

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello everybody !

The SetPlateTransform method has a dToleranceAngle value as input (Maximum angle between element plane and specified direction where the direction will not be projected onto the element plane). I'm not sure I understand its function, so can you help me to be sure?
And I do not see an equivalent option in the post-processing toolbox. Does this mean it's hard-coded? and if so, what is its value?

Thanks for your help !

Marie

2 REPLIES 2

Re: API : SetPlateTransform

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

SetPlateTransform is an option on the Results Browser Object.  In the Results Browser Object, you fill columns with output data, if you are filling with plate data, and you want to transform that data to a different coordinate system, or be aligned in a different direction, dToleranceAngle tells FEMAP when to stop trying if the direction you're trying to transform to becomes perpendicular to plate element itself.

Picture shell elements in the XY plane.  If one enters a direction to transform to that in the Z-direction, or very close to it, the transformation becomes unclear.  Using this option make it possible for you to know when this is happening, and when your transformed data may be suspect.  The flat plate example is kind of silly, but when using a single vector to transform to in a curved mesh, you might want to know when the resulting transformed axes are getting ambiguous.

Mark.

Mark.

Re: API : SetPlateTransform

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello Mark!

sorry for my late response, but thank you for your answer!

Marie