Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for Checking Duplicate Entities in Connectors

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In some cases, a duplicate entity may be assigned to both the Master/Target and Slave/Source Connection Regions for a Connector.  In other cases, the same ID of the Connections Regions assigned to the Connector has been assigned.

The attached API script (and test case model) was developed to generate Groups of the Connection Regions entities, including expanded mesh entities then creates a Boolean, In All Group if the duplicate entities.  It will also list out a summary of the status of duplicate entities in the Messages pane.

This script will be expanded or a seperate script will be developed to check the continuity of tangencies in a Connection Regions in the future.

2017-07-06_14-29-16.jpg

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development
5 REPLIES 5

Re: API for Checking Duplicate Entities in Connectors

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Chip,

Very good API, good job!!. I tested in a FEMAP model with more 1129 regions and the result was 100% correct, but took a lot of time, around one hour of processing ... but nice API, I have included under my favourites USER TOOLS APIs, congratulations!.

show-count-entities.png

Best regards,
Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/
Highlighted

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I'm quite new in FEMAP and I have problems in my connections cause I have many solids in my model.

Could you explain me how to use this API ? Thank you !!

Antoine

Pioneer
Pioneer

When I try to Play the API program, I got:

Play (F5)

API Error (Line 154): (10091) Automatisation ActiveX : cette propriété ou méthode n'existe pas.

--> Set regionNodes = connR.GetEntitySet ( FT_NODE, True )

Phenom
Phenom

Perhaps one (or more) of your regions is made of surfaces which are not meshed.  (Though the API.pdf doesn't suggest an error is returned if GetEntitySet returns nothing).  Chip's API works here, but I haven't searched through its error trapping .  Also, I think this API is specifically for finding duplicate entities in the regions.

Perhaps you should right click on your regions and choose "Show Expanded" to check your regions.

Also, regions with unmeshed surfaces would show up as red errors in the Femap message window when you run an analysis, so you would resolve those listed errors first.

Cheers,

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I'll take a look at the script and add error checking where an 'empty' Connection Region (no entities assigned) has been defined.

Also, this script is intended to check for Connection Regions where the output is elements.  I'll look at checking those regions where the region is defined by curves and the output is nodes such as for Edge to Face connectors.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development