Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Attention Students: New Free Femap Student Edition Available

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can now use Femap in support of your studies for free with the Femap Student Edition. It’s the same as the advanced simulation solution that’s used in industry.

The Femap Student Edition includes Femap together with NX Nastran to provide a complete simulation solution that will help prepare you to enter the workforce and stand out in today’s highly competitive economy.

Read the factsheet to find out more about the Femap Student Edition.

Download the Femap Student Edition here.

RIT_07_376x150.jpgRochester Institute of Technology race car analyzed using Femap

6 REPLIES

Re: Attention Students: New Free Femap Student Edition Available

Creator
Creator

Why is Germany not included?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Germany is included - what prompted the question?

Creator
Creator

When i pick "Germany" it says "bad request".

I tried it again and it does nothing now. Maybe just a bug or something.

Creator
Creator
Never mind. I tried another Browser and now it works.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Yeah that is great, but this size limitation makes it useless.

I need to simulate small assembly with just a few parts and after meshing all I get is size errors. dont really know how to improve this because I just started learning Femap.

What a joke this license is.

Phenom
Phenom

32000 nodes is plenty large enough to learn all sorts of practices and principles of FEA, so I think "useless" is a little unfair.  I have run $25k FEA projects with models well under 32,000 nodes (obviously on a commerical licence of Femap).  This student licence helps ensure that Siemens doesn't lose control of its valuable intellectual property, whilst ensuring plenty of scope for students to learn FEA properly.  Even with "unlimited" computing, it is important to rationalise FEA models to be no more detailed than is necessary to answer the questions.  32000 nodes means students should learn that critical principle of FEA as well.  I think the Saturn V was launched with far fewer nodes than 32000!