Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't write bolded font in the Message Window

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, everybody!

I'm using the command feAppMessage to write to Message window through FEMAP API. I needed that the text was written in bolded font. In the section of the FEMAP API Reference document it is presented the input color = 1 to Highlight the text. I thought that it was the manner to write the text in bolded font but the result using color = 1 is the same of using color = 0 (I couldn't realize any difference).

Could somebody help me to write in the Message window using bolded font?

PS: FEMAP version 11.1.1

Re: Can't write bolded font in the Message Window

First off a tip: to try and find alternatives, use the fact that the programming window gives hints as to available constants.

For example by writing "App.feAppmessage(", you actually get:

The window suggests 5 constants (the API doc has not been updated). I recommend using these names rather than numerical values.

Now what do these constans refere to? Go to File > Preferences > Messages and you see

I'm guessing for you you have 0 (black) and unchecked the "bold" for highlighted: these are default values. FYI the default values correspond to the following color/style:

You can change these to whatever you like, but note that the change will only be active once FEMAP is restarted! This goes for choice of fonts as well.