Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

FEMAP CBAR Outputs

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple coordinate system on top of a cbar element so I can plot my loads in FEMAP that will match up to the results shown in my f06 file.  See attached figure.  I have looked into Model>CSYS but it is a little confusing for me when I have only the beam and two nodes to work with.  Thanks for any help in advance.

Additionally, can anyone direct me to the location with the user manual or QRG for NX Nastran that explains how the forces from cbar elements are calculated?? I remember it's something like Force=K(B,dis-A,dis) but can't recall.

3 REPLIES

Re: FEMAP CBAR Outputs

Genius
Genius

I usually use XY Axes.  [Origin + 2 Vectors = CYS].  To understand the others, press F1 when the dialog box is open

Untitled.png

Recall that FEMAP has several methods to enter vectors

Untitled.png

Info on explaining the vector data entry in in the help file...User Interface...4.3.3 Vector Definition

I don't quite undestand your second question.  I know the Element reference is found by...Help...NASTRAN NX...Element Reference

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you for the reply, I did manage to create it following your method. my second question was regarding how Nastran solves for the forces in the cbar elements. I thought there was documentation out there explaining how the forces are calculated and what I am trying to figure out is if my positive axial loads are tension or compression.

Genius
Genius

...right from the NX NASTRAN Element Reference i mentioned previously...

Untitled.png