Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEMAP/TMG Thermal Solver Problem

Hi all,

I'm running into a problem with FEMAP/TMG Thermal solver when trying to run a flow and thermal simulation.

I was able to successfully run a simulation with only the flow solver. However, when I apply Thermal BC and Thermal Couplings to run with flow and thermal solvers, I get a message in the DATACH Module: "Error in TMG input file INPF" (see attached).

I checked all of my thermal couplings and loads, and wasn't able to find the problem. Any input would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

INPF error.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

Re: FEMAP/TMG Thermal Solver Problem

Experimenter
Experimenter

I also got same error when doing Coupled thermal flow analysis in NX10 with TMG solver.

* FATAL **
** Element group Tempert contains no elements.

** FATAL **
** Run aborted due to errors.

** FATAL **
** Error in TMG input file INPF:
** error in field 2 of following line 485610

SINK "Temperature(2)" 2.000000E+01 CONSTANT 0

** FATAL **
** Error in TMG input file INPF:
** The above Card9 line no. 1051 has an error in it.

** FATAL **
** Element group Tempert contains no elements.

i have checked there are no group by the name " Tempert" .  after 2 hours it is showing the error.

If anyone has a solution for this  or know the fault, must answer.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi, 

My name is Foad Farahani, and I am working at MAYA HTT (the developer of TMG for NX and Femp). 

Could you please share your model with me?

If not, could you please explain a bit more about the applied BCs and shape of the domain?

My email address : foad.farahani@mayahtt.com

Regards,

Foad

Hi Foad,

I think I found the Thermal Coupling that was giving me trouble. I wasn't able to find anything wrong with it, but I deleted and made another. It seems to run now.

However, I'm having trouble with convergence. The delta T in Couple Solution Convergence and the H-Energy in the Flow Solution Convergence approach convergence, but flatten out before their targets. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am using NX 10 TMG .I am having  room air volume and  my machine is inside the room(at the centre of room).  It has approximately 40 lakhs elements.  I have applied one temperature  at my machines components and second temperature at my room's wall.  There is also radiation coupling  between 2 of my machine's components and tried to solved that.  i tried with two different models but it showed the same error. 

after 1 hour and 45 minutes.  it is showing error... with INPF file.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi Sara,

Could you please send me your email address? I need to look into the model. I could set an appointment to discuss the issue.

Here is my email address: foad.farahani@mayahtt.com

Regards,

Foad