How to delete points along a curve

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, guys

I'm modeling a wing, and everything is going fine. But I have a single airfoil with a lot of points along the curves and I need to get rid of those points before I start meshing, or ortherwise it'll be a nightmare to generate the mesh the way I need.

I've uploaded a screenshot of my problem. Basically what I want is to the airfoil in the center of the screen to be like the others in relation to its curves.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to delete points along a curve

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Try this tool.

1.png

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello!,

As an add-on to great Karachun suggestion please run GEOMETRY > SOLID > CLEANUp command, this is your first command to run after creation of the single airfoil, and you need to activate all options (use default tolerance), this will remove redundance geometry and small features, as well as clean invalid geometry including points and edges. Use this command before applying any mesh sizing or Mesh Geometry Preparation Command.

The next step is to remove points using the MESHING TOOLBOX.

cleanUP.png

Best regards,
Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/
Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The other way to cleanup situations like this is to create combined curves. Simply go to the Meshing Toolbox and choose the Combined / Composite Curves tool. By default, the action should be "Add By Point" so you can simply activate the tool and click the interior points that you want to ignore... you should see the curves being "combined". They are then treated as a single curve...just like the others in your model.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Well, it worked!
Thank you guys so much!!