Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain geometric surface normals and How to *not* re-generate mesh when remeshing ?

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have two questions related to this post.

1) I currently have a cylindrical mid-surface that I would like to apply radially outward pressure on. I meshed the part, and confirmed that my elements are radially outward by viewing the element normals. However, for the pressure load, I applied it *by surface*. I am trying to figure out how to show the normal of a midsurface. This is because when I apply the pressure on the surface, the pressure is being applied radially inward, opposite of the finite element normals. This implies to me that the geometric surface normal must be pointing inward. I am trying to figure out where I can locate the button that displays geometric midsurface normals.

2) I currently have relatively large model, and I am refining the mesh on multiple holes by adding a pad and washer feature using the meshing toolbox. Modifying each hole takes a bit of time, maybe like 10 seconds? I am trying to figure out if there is a regeneration button for meshing? That is, instead of having the model re-mesh for every single hole in the part, I would like to first define the pad/washer feature for all the holes first, and then have the model re-mesh all the holes at once, instead of me having to wait 10 seconds before I can move on to re-meshing another hole. Is there a button for this?

thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to obtain geometric surface normals and How to *not* re-generate mesh when remeshing ?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

2)

1.jpg